Sunday, October 16, 2011

Navy Birthday Ball

On Thursday I FINALLY got to go to a Navy Ball with Monkey. He's been in for three years and we missed all of them for one reason or another.

It wasn't as fancy as I'd imagined it would be. But, considering it was on base and on a Thursday, I suppose perhaps this wasn't one of the big ones? Sub ball is in the spring and I'm pretty sure we'll be able to go to that one. I'm told it's a bit more of a party, since it's all Submariners. And, I'm already all set so there will be no stress. (Well, LESS stress anyway) Since, I already have my dress for that one.

Anyway, we had tons of fun and even got to dance a little. We got in some cha-chas, a swing, a bolero, and a teeny bit of foxtrot. We would have stayed all night, but eventually the DJ turned the ball into a nightclub and there wasn't any "danceable" music. We got a few compliments, which is always fun. Sometimes people get annoyed that we're taking up a little more floor space than everyone else, so we try and keep it small. But, people seemed to like it this time. :) Plus, Monkey looked SO adorable dancing in his dress blues. Unfortunately, the only pictures i have of that are of him dancing with someone else's wife. He was teaching her to hustle. Next time though, i will make someone take pictures of us dancing.

Well, let's proceed with the pictures, shall we...






No comments:

Post a Comment