Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stuck between a rock, a hard place, and some dog sh**

Blarg!!!! How frustrating. Just as we are getting it all figured out...
Looks like we are officially going to lose geobach/BAH (Housing allowance). We've been trying to get all our ducks in a row so that we could get our own place. This would get me out of my parents house and give us the privacy that we need. Don't get me wrong there are definite benefit to living with my parents and I very much appreciate them being so gracious, but at a certain point in ones life - ohhh, about 3 to 5 years ago - one has to move on, be their own person, live on their own... etc etc... plus, ya know, we need our own space, I would like to be able to practice and do pilates or whatever. Not have all of our stuff in storage in the shed in the back yard. Not live in a purple room with butterflys...
So here's the catch. Because of the budget cuts to the military they don't allow them to do geobach at this base without a really good reason because they consider it double dipping if they are paying out for housing while giving the guys a room in the barracks. So, their standpoint is you can live here and we'll take away your extra money, or you can keep the money but you have to move out of the barracks. IF we were able to fudge something so he could keep geobach and BAH, he would likely get stuck in bootcamp style barracks with 80 other guys and basically no personal belongings. The Navy doesn't care that I'm here and he's there. They just assume that I will quit my job to move three hours away. Sorry, but we didn't go through all that for him to move up here for me to quit my job anyway. Plus, uh... my job is awesome and pays for my dance addiction. Which would be like option 4 or something. Quit dancing. So then i can have my very own place, to be lonely and bored in... You see... ROCK - HARDPLACE - DOG SH**

Probably what is going to happen is that he will find a room or apt out in town for a cheap as possible. He'll work out the best possible set up. Then we wait for the money fairy to give us enough money to get a second appt or condo here in portland... (or convince my parents to build a studio above the garage) I'm putting my bets on the money fairy. Ug. How do get fairies? Clap? *clap clap clap clap clapclapclapclap clap clap clap....*

Well, on a much less crappy note we're going camping this weekend with the Nav Division. That should be fun. Maybe I can throw a really good pitty party for the Cheif and he can fix the dog poo problem aforementioned.
I'm still rounding up last minute camp fixins'. Sleeping bags, extra tents, flashlights, air matresses, etc. Pics and stories will probably follow.

Ok, back to it. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I dont know what happened to my post before, but its not here.

    Katrina, you have a way of making crappy situations sound cute. I am so mad about this. How far is he from Olympia? Or Seattle? This is just crap.

    ReplyDelete