Friday, April 15, 2011

My porch haz a happy!

So, this morning after an IM conversation with my Dad I was feeling kind of down. (I'm not going to tell the whole story because I'm not one to air family woes in public.) Basically, I had made an obvious hint that for my birthday I wanted flowers for my porch so I could come home to something happy while Monkey is gone. I didn't get any flowers. I wasn't sad about the flowers, I was sad about the reason I didn't get them.

I was at work and the only person in the office was my boss so he's the one who got to hear my sob story. Later, I was sitting at my desk after lunch when he came in with a tray of flowers for me! It totally made my day. It was truly thoughtful, and I am very touched and thankful. So, now my porch has some pretty flowers that I get to come home to every day. They will need to be put into larger pots soon, but I only had these pots and I wanted to get home and get them planted before it got dark. 

They look small right now, but they are supposed to at least double in size, and there are bunch of buds that will open i couple of days. My porch will be blooming in no time. :) 


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Your porch looks very happy now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, the look beautiful. Your boss is really cool. I am glad your day was made.

    ReplyDelete