Thursday, July 29, 2010

And I'd do it all over again.

Play these while you read. The first song (Marry Me - Train) is the inspiration for the image below. The second, (Lucky - Jason Mraz feat. Colbie Caillat) i think summarizes 'us' very nicely. Especially if you listen to the lyrics. The metaphors in the song fit our reality almost perfectly. Plus, it makes me smile every time I listen to it. :)


click image to enlarge if you wish

One year ago today I married my love, my hero, and my best friend.
This year has been crqzy, amazing, scary, empowering, enlightening, wonderful... I could list a million words here but what is most important is that when I look back over the last year, the one word that I think of first and resonates the loudest is most simply - happiness. It's important to note that all of the "bad" emotions are cause by circumstance and not by him. He is absolutely the root of all the good emotions.

I could simply not imagine a more perfect feeling. I have never been this happy. Which makes me SO excited for our future. If we are this amazingly happy now. Hundreds of miles apart, barely any time together, all the stresses and uncertainty - just imagine! Imagine how absolutely perfect it is going to be when we are finally, finally together. It makes me shake with anticipation just thinking about it. It went by so fast, this last year. Here's hoping that the next three and a half go by just as fast.

There have definitely been emotional ups and downs. Scary moments, tough decisions, hard goodbyes, a lot of not knowing, plans changing, plans changing again, and then plans changing again. But the one thing that has been constant throughout it all has been how we feel about each other. We haven't at any point had any doubts, reservations, or fears about us. We've never worried if we made the right decision. I think it's safe to say that the tougher things get, the stronger we get. I love the way we love each other. The way we're able to balance each other.

I could go on forever about all things I love about us and why I think we are so freakin' perfect for each other...

But I will just leave it at this. Knowing everything that we've been through and the emotional rollercoaster we've been on, the frustration, and the uncertainty, missing each other and waiting and anxiousness... I would absolutely, unequivocally, and with out any hesitation do it all over again.

Happy Anniversary to my Love, my Hero, and my Best Friend. I love you with all my heart and look forward to all the scary, crazy, amazing years to come.

2 comments:

  1. ooooohhhh mrs ducky i love you SO! With all my heart and soul. I am smiling like an idiot right now, you make me so happy. I would do it all again, every moment, every emotion, i love being with you. Love you with all my heart Ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I am balling. I cant even talk right now.

    ReplyDelete