Monday, March 14, 2011

So much to blog, so little time!

I'm getting to the point lately where there is so much going on that I don't have time and/or energy to stop and tell you all about it! So much, in fact, that I can't really remember all of it. So, we'll just cover this weekend. This weekend resulted in my lying here with what I am pretty sure is whiplash.

Saturday night I drove two hours to go to a Vintage Hollywood themed ballroom dance at OSU with a friend. It was super fun. Well worth the drive. I got quite a few compliments on my dress, also. :) Sorry, I am bad and I have no pictures. There are supposed to be pictures from the event posted somewhere but I will have to go find those and see if I'm in any of them for you.

I didn't know any one there so it would have been a challenge to find people to dance with. However, luckily, said friend is awesome and made sure that she sent guys my way who could dance the particular dance that was being played that the moment, so I ended up with a pretty full dance card. I also decided to just get ballsy and if a song started and no one asked me, I just found some guys who were loitering walk into the middle of them and ask "who can dance tango/waltz/chacha/etc?"

Sunday I had a dance audition for group called Dolled Up. I'm not sure how to describe exactly what kind of dance troupe this is. The audition consisted of a hiphop/jazz routine and a broadway routine. None of these are in my dance vocabulary. I found out about it on Friday from a friend who read a facebook post about a piece of choreography i was working on. I figured it looked fun and would give it a shot since I probably wasn't going to see Monkey on Sunday anyway and I needed something to do. So, I went and I gave it my best. I worked it. I mean, i hit it as hard as i could . I have never danced so hard in my life. I danced so hard, in fact, that I gave myself whiplash. Yup. I can barely move my neck. I didn't make the team. *sad face* But, it did awesome for myself and I'm proud of myself for it. It is a little disappointing though, that my only souvenirs from an intense 8 hour audition are bruised knees, blistered toes, a sore Achilles tendon, and a neck injury! hahaha

Oh well, on to the next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment