Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hmm

I suppose it's been a while since I've posted something. Just so busy enjoying my hubby time. My linky tool is not working and they provide absolutely no way to contact them... so my Boohoo/Hooyah thing is on hold until I find another link tool service that I like.

Lets see, over the weekend we finally did our stand up paddling. It was both easier and more difficult than I anticipated. Once I got used to it, the board was more stable than I thought it would be. But, it required much more technique to paddle efficiently that I thought it would. It is a very good core workout though. I think i could get into this. I want to try one of these SUP yoga sessions I've been reading about in hood river!

We also went to the fair! I took a couple pictures, but none of them are particularly attractive, so there are no pics to go with this post. We went on about 4 rides and we were both already feeling woozy so we picked up some dramamine from a kiosk and I think it helped. However, it also totally knocked us out. We got home at 7 and slept like rocks for three hours. Then Monkey got up and started packing to head back to base. I think i regained consciousness a couple of times, but I basically ended up sleeping hard for 12 hours. And the next day a was in a terrible haze. That stuff will mess you up! A little scary really. 

I also finally got a new phone. I've been working with some Samsung POC that was having all sorts of random issues. I now have an HTC HD7S. It has the Windows Phone OS. It's ok. If i was a business person it would be a really cool phone. There are actually a ton of really great features. But, it's just not the platform for me. But, it was free and it's leaps and bounds better than my old phone. So, I will wait.

Hubbs has the next few days "off". Well, "off" meaning he's confined to his barracks because he had his wisdom teeth removed yesterday. He seems to be in good spirits and not too terrible pain so far. But i haven't talked to him yet today. He's also restricted to a liquid diet. I know that he has jello and pudding. I'm hoping he can get someone to go get him some yogurt, soup, and fruit smoothie-type-beverage so he's not living on sugar for the next week!

Last night was my second night of Jiu Jitsu. I missed last week because I had to get up early to go to Seattle for a client meeting. So, I was a little behind and didn't know any of the techniques they learned last week. So, when we got to playing at the end of class, the only technique I had was to hang on for dear life, or as I like to call it - the "spider monkey" technique. haha! Now, I realize this will not serve me well for long since it's really just a matter of who gets tired first. But for now, it's all I've got... and it's a hilarious ride!

And lastly, tonight I'm getting back to ballet class! I'm so excited. I didn't realize how much I missed it. I don't remember if I posted that my ballet studio closed a couple months ago. So, I've been looking around a little but I was going to wait until my summer special was over at my gym and enjoy the extra money. But then, one of the girls at work decided to drop in on a class that her friend teaches. So, I'm going with her tonight. I was so excited last night to dig out my tights and slippers and figure out what I was going to wear to class. I spent a few minutes in the mirror this morning practicing my lines and pointing my toes. Hopping back and forth and hitting poses.

I'm also getting pretty itchy to get back to Ballroom. That kind of pittered out a few months ago as well. That one is much more expensive so I might wait a little longer on that one. I think it will be my treat for paying of my credit card which I am also very close to doing. 

Wow, well that was much more than I planned to write today. But, I think I just about got you all caught up!

No comments:

Post a Comment