Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Roll with it

A couple weeks ago I was informed by my friend at the gym that I had been signed up for the girls jiu jitsu class. Now, I had talked with her about it taking the regular class with her, but that's what I meant - with HER. Never the less, it sounded fun and I didn't have to roll around with sweaty teenage boys. 

The class started yesterday and I might already be hooked. We obviously started with some pretty basic stuff so class was basically somersaults and a chiropractic adjustment, due to having my arms stretched across my body and then someones body weight pressed on top of that. 

So, of course I now have to get myself decked out with a shiny new Gi. But, this is me we're talking about so it won't be just any Gi. It will have to be appropriately girly and "cool", but not overly girly so that I don't look like "that girl" who thinks it adorable to get pink everything. I mean I LOVE pink. But, I'm a little bit of a purist in things and I think a bright pink Gi is overkill unless you can legitimately kick someones tail feathers. Otherwise you just look like you're trying to be too cute (I mean, unless that's your goal). That's fine for dancing and the gym, but we're supposed to learning to be tough, here. Right? Plus, white is easier to bleach. You know, in case you get someones blood on it. ;)

Anyway, that's this girls opinion on the matter. I don't care if someone wants to be "that girl", that's just not for me. I'm super girly, but a little less so when I'm kickin' @ss. 

I have picked out this gi:
It's still white, so I won't stand out like a pink Popsicle in class, but it has cute pink and purple butterfly detail on it. Just enough "cuteness" for me.


And for your reference: 
It'll be a while before I'll be sporting this gi

No comments:

Post a Comment