Wednesday, August 11, 2010

FSA of the month

So, on the plan of the day for tomorrow I am listed as FSA of the Month for July. I found that out at the end of the day. I was kinda happy with it. The cooks like me - this is a good thing, i will have them make pizza for the members of my final board! Muahahaha!

My captain was relieved of command today, not due to the problems with our crew, but for health reasons. It is more than a small shame. I hadn't been under his command very long but I had a great deal of respect for him. I felt a bit of hooyah when we all stood up at attention for him in crews mess after it was announced. Normally you stand at attention because you are ordered to. But you could tell in the way that we all stood tall and sharp that every man in that room stood not out of tradition, but out of respect. That means something to me.

Former CO of USS Henry M Jackson - I salute you, sir.

Other than that... I didn't have the greatest day. I was given some really hard lookups ona qualification last night so i only got 2 hours of sleep before having to go to work again, and i slept on the boat so i legitimately worked for 36 of the last 38 hours. Not so hooyah. On the plus side, now having been given the rather difficult to find look-ups - i knot the system i was learning rather well.

We were always told in boot camp; "Some days you will love it, some days - you'll hate it." I guess that goes with anything. But it looks like this is going to be yet another working weekend - BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Anyhoozle, can't wait to talk to my Ducky tonight, though it wont be for long. I love and miss her so so so much!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update sweetie. I always enjoy reading what you guys have to say. I love you.

    ReplyDelete