Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Facts and Questions - Oops

Ok, so I was apparently tired and distracted when I wrote my last post and I answered the wrong questions. So, here it is again with the correct questions answered. Ya'll just get to learn a little bit more about me.

Alrighty! I've been tagged for some fun questions and stuff. I figure this will be a good way for my new followers to get to know me. I've gotten a few new ones over the last few months.

I was tagged by Kelsey over at Bear at Sea. A fellow graphic designer and submariner wifey.

Rules:
1.) Post the rules and the person who tagged you!
2.) Post eleven facts about yourself.
3.) Answer the questions the tagger set for you, and make eleven new questions for those you tag.
4.) Tag however many people you want.
5.) Let your taggers know you tagged them!

Eleven Facts about Mua!
1. I'm a dancer. (Ballroom, Ballet, Salsa, and most recently West Coast Swing) It actually took me quite a few years of dancing to feel like I could call myself a dancer. But when it's most of what you think about and you start to get told by other dancers that you are good... I think that warrants a title. (For the record I still don't think I'm THAT good.) 
2. I'm a fighter. When I'm not dancing I'm learning Muay Thai kickboxing, and jiu jitsu. Also a little bit of capoiera, Escrima, and some other random stuff. What ever class seems fun at the time.
3. I'm a designer. I spend my days making pretty stuff on the computer. By the time I get home I don't feel like making anything for myself, so forgive my underly-designed blog. Everyone once in a while though, i'll make an infographic or something to post.
4. I'm a little ADD, OCD when I get stressed out, and kiiiinda anal retentive. But hey... it makes me good at my job. 
5. I like cats. Meow. Also, giraffes, cows, and sheep. 
6. I love pink. But I liked it before it was popular. 
7. I sing a little. I actually did a tour of Europe with a mass choir, band, and orchestra the year I graduated from highschool. (Ok, really I'm just bragging. It was kind of auditioned by check. You had to be recommended to go, but if you could pay, you could go.) 
8. I could probably eat macaroni and cheese for every meal, forever. Except that I would get fat. And probably have intestinal issues.
9. I HATE being cold. HATE it! Even just a little bit cold. 
10. It is impossible for me to put my head underwater without getting water in my nose. There is actually a name for this. And I hate it because it means I suck at swimming. 
11. I don't like vegetables. I really wish I did, it would make life so much easier. But there's not much I can do when I put a veggie in my mouth and my tongue goes "eewww!". So, instead I make sure to take really good vitamins. 
 
 Questions for me - the right ones this time
 
1.) What was the happiest day of you life and why?
What else? The day I married my husband. Of course. The year and months leading up to it were the most emotional of my life. The day we were married everything was put back together again and all was right in my world.
 
2.) What is the quality you most admire in your significant other?
Though it can manifest itself in obnoxious ways, his unwavering ideals. If he believes something, he sticks to it. Though, I also admire that fact that if you can give him a solid logical rebuttal, he will gracefully resign his stance. And thirdly, he is an excellent communicator. If there is something on his mind he talks about it, and we discuss everything. No petty yelling or selfish passive aggressiveness. It makes us so much stronger.

3.) What is the defining quality in someone that makes them a good friend, not just a friend?

That they are truly there for you any time regardless of whether it is "convenient" for them.

4.) What inspires you?

Happy people. You know, those people who seem to always keep their heads up and have a positive attitude no matter what is going on. I wish I could be like those people some times. I hate it when I get in a funk and end up with a bad attitude for days at a time.

5.) If you could choose anywhere to live in the whole world, where would you live and why?

Nowhere specific. But it must contain my husband and sunshine. Currently I'm living husbandless in Oregon. So... this is not my ideal place at the moment.

6.) If you were an animal, what animal would you be? 
I've always answered this with "house cat". But, it would have to be the kind that could come and go as they please. I would not want to be stuck in the house all the time, but I also would not want to be locked out in the weather with the coyotes at night.

7.) What is the bravest thing you have ever done?
I think I'm doing it right now. Living this mil-spouse life. I'm not much of a risk-taker. Most of my big life decisions have kind of been decided for me by circumstance. Except marrying my Monkey. I made that decision all by myself and there was no question whatsoever. It's one of those decisions that once you make it you instantly feel it's the best decision you ever made. :) <3
 
8.) If you could meet anyone in history or present, who would it be? 
I really don't have an answer for this. Perhaps an amazing ballroom dancer who I could spend a couple hours with getting some once in a lifetime coaching and inspiration.
 
9.) If your life was a fairy tale, which would it be? 
Haha, if my life was a fairy tale, I'd have better hair. I did end up with my prince though. Perhaps Anastasia. When I was little I always pretended that I was a long lost princess and someone would find me one day. Plus, the first ball scene in that movie is what made me want to learn ballroom. Specifically, waltz.
 
10.) What is your best quality?
Umm... that's hard. I'm terribly shy and can get really grumpy. But I guess perhaps that I'm very introspective and aware of my flaws and try to better myself as life goes on.
 
11.) Who do you look up to the most? 
I've always looked up to my mom for her patience. I also look up to anyone with drive and an unwavering positive attitude.


Questions for my Taggies


1. If you could have any talent, what would it be and why?
2. If you could do anything and you knew you couldn't be harmed in any way, what would you do?
3. What law would you make if could write any law.
4. What is your least favorite animal?
5. Tell us about your first car?
6. What is your favorite thing about your hubby?
7. What is one thing you would NEVER change about yourself?
8. What Disney princess do you relate with the most? (Anastasia is not actually a Disney movie, but I will accept her anyway because she's my favorite animated princess.)
9. What would you invent if you could make anything for any purpose? 
10. What would you choose as a profession if money didn't matter?
11. What little thing makes you the most happy?



Tagged bloggers - I'm picking my most recent followers. (As far as I can tell)
Brittany @ My life as a Sailors Princess
Mrs. Jones @ Keeping up with the Jonesses
Mrs. S @ Everything Girly and Beyond
Jess @ The life of a Sailor's Wife
Annie @ Confessions of a Navy Wife

Whew! Well there you have it! If I tagged you and you do this post too, let me know! I want to read all about you!


No comments:

Post a Comment