Monday, February 13, 2012

Facts and Questions

Alrighty! I've been tagged for some fun questions and stuff. I figure this will be a good way for my new followers to get to know me. I've gotten a few new ones over the last few months.

I was tagged by Kelsey over at Bear at Sea. A fellow graphic designer and submariner wifey.

Rules:
1.) Post the rules and the person who tagged you!
2.) Post eleven facts about yourself.
3.) Answer the questions the tagger set for you, and make eleven new questions for those you tag.
4.) Tag however many people you want.
5.) Let your taggers know you tagged them!

Eleven Facts about Mua!
1. I'm a dancer. (Ballroom, Ballet, Salsa, and most recently West Coast Swing) It actually took me quite a few years of dancing to feel like I could call myself a dancer. But when it's most of what you think about and you start to get told by other dancers that you are good... I think that warrants a title. (For the record I still don't think I'm THAT good.) 
2. I'm a fighter. When I'm not dancing I'm learning Muay Thai kickboxing, and jiu jitsu. Also a little bit of capoiera, Escrima, and some other random stuff. What ever class seems fun at the time.
3. I'm a designer. I spend my days making pretty stuff on the computer. By the time I get home I don't feel like making anything for myself, so forgive my underly-designed blog. Everyone once in a while though, i'll make an infographic or something to post.
4. I'm a little ADD, OCD when I get stressed out, and kiiiinda anal retentive. But hey... it makes me good at my job. 
5. I like cats. Meow. Also, giraffes, cows, and sheep. 
6. I love pink. But I liked it before it was popular. 
7. I sing a little. I actually did a tour of Europe with a mass choir, band, and orchestra the year I graduated from highschool. (Ok, really I'm just bragging. It was kind of auditioned by check. You had to be recommended to go, but if you could pay, you could go.) 
8. I could probably eat macaroni and cheese for every meal, forever. Except that I would get fat. And probably have intestinal issues.
9. I HATE being cold. HATE it! Even just a little bit cold. 
10. It is impossible for me to put my head underwater without getting water in my nose. There is actually a name for this. And I hate it because it means I suck at swimming. 

11. I don't like vegetables. I really wish I did, it would make life so much easier. But there's not much I can do when I put a veggie in my mouth and my tongue goes "eewww!". So, instead I make sure to take really good vitamins. 
Questions
1.) What do you love most about life?
I know it's cheesy, but my husband. Honest to goodness. I can be having the worst day in the world and he just has hold my hand and kiss my face and in that moment everything is right again.
2.) How do you get through tough times?
Well, being that there isn't really an option. I just kind of do. You do everything you can, if you can't do any more then just let it play out. Other than that, just keep busy and distracted. 

3.) What is your favorite and LEAST favorite thing about the military?
Favorite? Well, I suppose that it has made me super independent. Before jumping headfirst into all of this navy-blue nonsense, I wouldn't do anything alone and wouldn't drive anywhere I didn't already know how to get to. But now I'm totally fine showing up to what ever, when ever, whether or not I know anyone at all.  Lease favorite...Nothing is final until it's happening. For someone, like me, who thrives on planning and organizing and consistency.... oh boy! I'm learning to roll with it but man is it frustrating sometimes. There is also the long distance marriage thing. But that's not completely the Navy's fault. 

4.) What is it that you do for a living? Do you enjoy it?
I am a Graphic Designer. I enjoy it most of the time. Sometimes my projects aren't that glamorous, or are just plain boring or annoying. But when I get a good project and I'm really excited about what I created, those are the days when I love what I do.
 
5.) If we were to go out for a night on the town, where would we go and why?
Pretty much anywhere that I can wear a pretty dress and go dancing would make me happy. I suppose that's why I got into ballroom. If I were to plan a night out though. I would say a fancy dinner with hubby and then dancing all night. Then a massage in the morning. Just cause if we dance all night we're going to be sore the next day. :)

Wow, scratch that... after I wrote this I re read the question... you said WE... so then in that case I would take you out salsa dancing! If you don't already know, I'll teach you. You will have fun. I promise.

6.) Do you prefer coffee or tea?
I don't really like either. Except a chai tea latte. Nummers! 

7.) What are your future plans/goals?
Step one: Survive the Navy. Step two: House and babies. Step three: Have lots of fun with Hubby and babies. Step 4: "Retire" and open a dance studio. Teach dance and learn dance as long as possible.

8.) Why do you blog? 
I started this blog as a way to keep our families informed about all the things going on with the Navy. But then I discovered this wonderful community of Mil-spouse bloggers. Also, it's a good place to vent and get my thoughts out of my head. 

10.)What is your favorite color and why?
All time favorite color is pink. But I've always liked pink. And it looks good on me. My second favorite used to be bright orangy yellow, but now it's peacock blue. 

11.) Do you have anything exciting happening soon? If so, what?
Ummmm.... no, not really. Just waiting until I can save up for my laptop so I can work remote part time and see more of my hubby.

My Questions for my taggers

1. If you could have any talent, what would it be and why?
2. If you could do anything and you knew you couldn't be harmed in any way, what would you do?
3. What law would you make if could write any law.
4. What is your least favorite animal?
5. Tell us about your first car?
6. What is your favorite thing about your hubby?
7. What is one thing you would NEVER change about yourself?
8. What Disney princess do you relate with the most? (Anastasia is not actually a Disney movie, but I will accept her anyway.)
9. What would you invent if you could make anything for any purpose? 
10. What would you choose as a profession if money didn't matter?
11. What little thing makes you the most happy?



Tagged bloggers - I'm picking my most recent followers. (As far as I can tell)
Brittany @ My life as a Sailors Princess
Mrs. Jones @ Keeping up with the Jonesses
Mrs. S @ Everything Girly and Beyond
Jess @ The life of a Sailor's Wife
Annie @ Confessions of a Navy Wife
Whew! Well there you have it! If I tagged you and you do this post too, let me know! I want to read all about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment