Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Taxes done! Active Duty Credit.

Woot! We finally got around to filing our tax returns. We are pretty excited about what we get to put into our savings.

In case you didn't know, there is some kind of Active Duty credit. I tried to find some information on it for you but I couldn't. All I know is that we used Turbotax.com and there was a check-box for active duty military and it got us a pretty shiny return on our state taxes. Well worth an amendment if you already filed and didn't get this credit.

I can't give you any advice as to how to do it on your taxes but you should ask your tax prep person or just go use Turbotax, which is btw, pretty darn simple to use and remembers all your stuff for next year.

Happy Taxes. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just came about your blog today and I'm doing some back reading. Thanks for the heads up on the tax tip! We're reserves, but the boy is playing sailor full time this year! Glad to hear about this!

    ReplyDelete