Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sailors go salsa dancing!

So, I discovered this draft post in my blogger just now. I think I was waiting to add photos to it and just never got around to finishing it. Entirely out of context, here is a random adventure from this summer.

Adventure 2 of 3:

A couple of Monkey's buds came down to go to a high ropes and zip line challenge course. They didn't call ahead so they couldn't go when they had planned. Instead, they went to the outdoor go-cart racetrack and had a blast with unlimited bracelets. I was at work so I have no pictures for you.

However, Monkey had talked them into going salsa dancing with us that night! Neither of them had been before so I was really excited to take them on their virgin salsa voyage. They both did really great! There was supposed to be a lesson before the dancing started but the instructor just happened to be out of town that night. So, Monkey and I gave them a brief lesson to get them started. They learned the basic and how to turn the lady. They were very brave and each danced a whole song with me out on the floor at least once. One of them even grabbed a girl he didn't know and danced with her.  It was such a great night!

Funny how, on their time off, they still manage to all dress alike!

Monkey giving Sailor E a salsa lesson.

Because, as we here informed, you can't just go to one place when you go out for an evening, we set off to find another bar before we called it a night. Mind you, this was a Thursday night, so we had a hard time finding a place that was open after midnight. We found a place close to home, and got our drinks only to find out that they closed in 25 minutes. Which meant that Monkey couldn't finish his drink since he was the DD.

Of course, on the way home we had to stop for some post funk drive-though food. By this point, both of our salsero sailors had decided that they were going to speak with British accents. So, they commenced ordering their chicken nuggets with said accents. Quite amusing, actually.

I had a ton of fun. I love getting new people out learning salsa! I know at least one of them said they wanted to go out and try it again.

The next morning they left to try the zipline place again and Monkey and I packed for adventure #3 – Lake Billy Chinook.

Look for the third Adventure installment soon/maybe eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment