Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Henry M. Jackson!

Yesh! just to add to Ducky's post... I finally got my new orders today. I spun around in my chair very excitedly when i got them. It feels super nice to know for sure now.

I really don't know much about this boat yet, I'm hoping that my division is as cool as the Alaska's Nav division is, because I was very much looking forward to working with them. A lot of them are a little pissed at me, i think they were excited to have me on as well since i had been pretty pro-active. But its alright i still got plenty o' boot left to kick ass with - after all... i have a size 14 foot.

Been getting some weird looks the past few days, with the lack of hair - its quite amusing to myself even. getting used to it though. Trying to see how many people notice the lone hair right in the middle of my head that is about 1/4 inch long. Its a little mini-alfalfa!

I just finished doing the majority of my final qualifications for PooW (Petty-officer of the Watch). Had to check out with a somewhat difficult chief. Not a bad thing really, he just really drove me to know everything, which is better in the end... even though i will only be here for another 5ish weeks.

Anyways, Ducky or I will update when we get more news about my arrival, at this point its about hammering out the details with the movers and PSD and what-not. I cannot promise that i will have extra time at home, there is still too much to be figured out before then, it looks like it - but i do not want to get anyone's hopes up (including my own).

Anyhoozle Updates as we get them!

Hair as it grows.

also, Wild Turkey is perhaps the most delicious form of alcohol ever invented. Its like the Patron of burbon!

1 comment:

  1. Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy sweetie. I cant wait for you to be closer and we get to see you more often. And sorry, my hopes are already up.

    As far as the Wild Turkey, although you are one, I am not so sure I like you becoming such a fan of the alcohol species. Last post you mentioned Guiness and this one Wild Turkey, do I need to be concerned.....hmmm???

    Ok, sweetie, love you, cant wait to see your ever so cute Mickey Mouse mug.

    ReplyDelete