Monday, May 30, 2011

Meeting strangers from the internet.

Is fun! Well, at least when it is one of your fellow Mil-spouse blog friends. 

I knew that I would have a lot of time on my hands while up here visiting hubs. So, I made a point to meet up with Poekitten from Many Waters. This was the second attempt. Last time our schedules just didn't work out. We met at a coffee shop and chatted for a while about this and that. It was really cool to meet someone from the blogosphere face to face. I had a good time.

At one point I asked what I thought was a very legitimate, public knowledge question. Then, from over in the corner a man mumbles without looking up from his newspaper. "Probably not something you should be discussing in public." Now, I know I'm not the OPSEC expert. But, I do know specific and general things I can and cannot talk about. I'm not a dummy. So, put-off by this guys intrusion into our conversation we decided to leave the coffee shop and have her show me her base. She also showed me around town a little bit and helped me get my baring on things.
Oh, I also learned the difference between a "boat" and a "ship". :)

Now, the whole time I felt really bad that I did accidentally try to have a conversation about something I really shouldn't have, so as soon as I got back to the hotel I googled my question. Just as I thought. I found a ton of sites giving a very specific, unclassified, answer to my question. So, coffee shop dude... shut it! I knew there was no way that it was a secret. (I'm not going to say what the question was, simply because I don't want a whole bunch of google search hits about it.)

Anyway, we parted ways after an hour or so. She was off to a BBQ, and I was off to wait for hubs to get back from work. I will probably try and meet up again next I'm up here. Hopefully both of our guys will be in and they'll be able to meet too. That would be pretty cool.

3 comments:

  1. Next time you are up, WE should meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wifey, I told her you were up here too! Next time:) I had a great time and hopefully our men can meet too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popping in to say hi - I found you through Poekitten :)

    ReplyDelete