Monday, October 25, 2010

30 days of me: Day 5

Your Favorite Quote

I'm going to give you two. The first I found in a greeting card once, and it always makes me smile.
I wish I had it to show you the cute picture on the front.

"It wouldn't be boring if cows could go soaring on beautiful butterfly wings.
And maybe they'd do it, if we could see to it, to simply imagine such things."

The second one, I'll have to paraphrase. I can't remember exactly how it goes. It's a proverb. It has actually greatly reduced the amount of stress in my life. Goes something like this:

There is no need for worrying about a problem.
If there is something you can do about it, then there is no need to worry.
If you can't do anything about it, then there is no point in worrying. 

Basically, what that means to me is that, if you can do something about it, do it! Be proactive and do something. If there is nothing you can do, then there is nothing you can do. Take a deep breath and ride it out. Worrying isn't going to help, it's just going to stress you out. It has really gotten me through some tough times. I've learned to stop and ask myself, "Can I do anything about this?" If yes, then I figure out how to do it. If it's out of my control and I can't figure out how to fix it, I just step back and let what will be, be.

No comments:

Post a Comment