Friday, October 8, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In


This is my first Friday Fill-in. I'm jumping in at number 16. 
Head on over to Wife of a Sailor to check out everyone elses Friday Fill-in's.

1. What is the longest road trip you’ve ever taken? 
Cross country! From Georgia to Washington when we finally moved Monkey to his new command, back on this side of the world! It took us about 5 really really long days in a huge white Jeep packed with everything he owned. We ate at Wafflehouse every morning until we ran out of them. This was the longest amount of consecutive time we had ever spent together. We didn't argue even once.

2. Do you collect anything? Tell us a bit about it.
Not as much as I used to, but I was pretty into collecting cows for a while. :) Stuffed cows, cow collectibles, etc. I really liked cows. I still do, but I also don't like hauling extra stuff from place to place and I currently have no place to put them anyway. Aside from that... leg warmers! Ok, but legitimately. I am a dancer so I really do wear them for dancing. I just like to have options. Lots and lots of options! 

3. What is your favorite part about being an adult?
Wait, I'm an adult? Crap! When did that happen? 

4. What song brings a tear to your eye?
There are a few. Mostly songs that remind me of my Mr. and Me. Depends on the day as to which ones hit me the hardest. How long he's been gone, how my mood is in general that day. One of my favorite "us" songs, though is "Lucky", by Colbie Caillet and Jason Mraz. The lyrics have an amazing parallel to our story. Right down to "I'll put a flower in your hair". He requested and picked out the flower that I wore in my hair when we got married.


5. Describe your first plane ride (how old you were, where you were heading, etc). 
My very first plane ride was an international flight to London, England. It was the year I graduated highschool. I was traveling with probably 75-100 other singers and musicians for a three week choir, band, and orchestra tour around Europe. The night before the flight, my boyfriend at the time made me watch the movie Final Destination.  

No comments:

Post a Comment