Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Getting better at keeping it together

Well, it has been about a week since he left. I think. I've written 8 emails so it must be a week. Yes, I do write him every single day. I can't help it. I'm so used to spewing my whole day to him over the webcam. FYI, he's an excellent listener. He actually cares when I've had a tough day at work and doesn't mind listening to me rant about it for a half an hour.

Writing every day also helps me feel connected to him. It's almost like we're having a conversation. All be it a very one sided conversation. But I know he reads them and feels connected to what's going on back home, too.

Each time he goes out I last a little bit longer before I totally start getting all mopey. I'm still doing fine. I guess I'm getting used to it. Last Saturday was a little rough, though. I completely couldn't concentrate at ballet. I think it was because I have been really excited about this new piece of ballroom choreography that I'm working on. And being in a dance class in which i can zone out at the barre, reminds me of how badly I wish I could be dancing it with him. It always takes me about a week to get into the groove where I'm not checking my phone for text messages throughout the day, or getting prematurely excited to get home and get on the web cam.

I try to suck it up. I did, after all, choose this lifestyle. I know I will get better at it. Until then, I MISS MY MONKEY!!! I just practice keeping sane, and keeping busy.

Still can't wait for him to get home, though! I know family is there for me when I need it, but nothing compares to being in his arms. That's when everything is all good. *nostalgic sigh*

2 comments:

  1. How I understand what you feel. Fernando and I had a long distance relationship for a few years and I would go and see him for a couple of weeks to a month and return all sad and lonely for 6 months. I know how you feel, I couldn't talk to him every night, I could't smell him, touch him, feel him but we made it and you can too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just want to say thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I think the Wordless Wednesday thing is just something that everybody does. I don't know anyone who "hosts" it or anything like that. It's free game! :)

    ReplyDelete